If you’ve ever felt overwhelmed when shopping for glasses, you’re not alone. It can be tricky to find the right frames for your face shape.
With this guide, you’ll never feel lost in a sea of eyewear options again. We’re here to help you find the perfect frames to match your face shape so you can feel stylish and confident in your choice.
If you have a square-shaped face, go for frames with curves or softer corners. For round faces, angular frames are ideal. Heart shaped faces suit round or oval frames best, and diamond-shaped faces should go for wider than deep glasses, such as square or round frames. Oval-shaped faces do best with smaller or semi-rimless glasses; triangle-shaped faces look great with cat-eye style frames.
Choosing the Perfect Eyeglasses for Your Face Shape
If you have a square-shaped face, you have a broad forehead, chin, and wide angular jawline.
Here are some great tips on finding glasses that enhance your features:
- Select frames with curves or softer corners to contrast the strong angles of your face
- Oval glasses help soften your facial features
- For rectangular glasses, look for frames with softer, subdued angles
For round face shapes, your forehead, cheeks, and chin are approximately equal in size, with gently curving cheekbones and a soft jawline.
- Angular frames, such as square or rectangular shapes, are ideal as they create contrast against softer facial features and make them appear more defined
- Square or rectangular frames also give round faces structure and definition while subtly emphasizing cheekbones
If you have a heart-shaped face, you have a wide forehead, narrow chin, and prominent cheekbones.
- Round or oval frames work best as they soften the look of the wider forehead while drawing attention away from the narrow chin area, bringing symmetry to the face
- Round glasses also look great on heart-shaped faces because they help add width at the bottom of your face while accentuating high cheekbones
If you have a diamond-shaped face, your forehead and chin are narrow, and your cheekbones are wider.
- To balance out this shape, go for wider frames, like square or round frames
- Oval frames look great because they help soften the sharp angles of a diamond face shape
- Wide rectangular frames look great, too, as long as they don’t overpower your features
If you have an oval-shaped face, you have a narrow forehead, chin, high and wide cheekbones, and a subtly curved jawline. Most styles will look great on an oval-shaped face!
- Wear smaller or semi-rimless glasses to show off your eyes
- Cat eyeglasses will look especially good on an oval-shaped face as they accentuate curves perfectly
- Rectangular frames can also work well on an oval face if they are slightly wider than the widest part of your face
If you have a triangle-shaped face, your forehead is narrow but tapers into a wide jawline at the bottom (think superhero!).
- This shape looks best with small and medium-sized frames that draw attention away from the bottom half of your face while still highlighting your strong points, namely, those high cheekbones!
- Round or rimless glasses are ideal; just make sure their centre is aligned with the widest part of your head
- Cat eye styles will also look amazing on you since they help emphasize those higher-up facial features even more!
Find the Perfect Frames for Your Face Shape
Frame styling for your face shape is an art, but it shouldn’t be daunting. You can approach the process confidently by better understanding your face shape and the styles that work best with it. If you’re struggling to find the right glasses, don’t worry! Our expert staff will sit down with you and give you a personalized fitting to make sure you get the perfect frame that looks and feels great.
Whether you prefer classic frames or something more daring that makes a statement, Vista Eyecare has something for everyone. Our beautiful gallery boasts a variety of brands, designers, colours and shapes, offering options that are sure to fit your every need, including sunglasses! Ready to find the perfect frames? Visit Vista Eyecare today! With our personalized optical experience, you can rest assured knowing we have what it takes to ensure the glasses you choose suit your facial features perfectly.